STEVE LEMAK, M.S.I.T.
Offering twenty-five years of proven leadership at both department and corporate levels. Results oriented executive proficient in all aspects of management, development, implementation, and services of enterprise technologies directly affecting business revenue, growth, and operational efficiency. Demonstrates ability to quickly understand and resolve technical and operational issues while establishing the company’s IT vision and strategy. Able to inspire individuals to work towards these strategic goals and exceed expectations on departmental tasks to accomplish desired results.
CLICK HERE for Professional Bio
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Enclara Pharmacia (formerly excelleRx, Inc.)
January 2001 – Present
Executive Vice President, Information Technology, Enclara Pharmacia (Dec 2015-Present)
Sr. Vice President, Information Technology, Enclara Pharmacia (2015)
Sr. Director, Information Technology, excelleRx, an Omnicare Company (2011 –2015)
Vice President, Information Technology, excelleRx, Inc. (2004 – 2011)
Sr. Director, Information Technology, excelleRx, Inc. (2003– 2004)
Application Systems Analyst, Information Technology, excelleRx, Inc. (2001– 2003)
$500M, 820 employee, 5-site contact center and pharmacy dispensing operation with 39% market share in targeted segment. Hired in 2001 to realize the technology vision of the company and recognized for continuously driving efficiency through ePrescribing certification, department restructuring, expense consolidations, client facing portals, system virtualization, ISMP development, client mobile case management solutions, and contact center & support services process automation. Continuously innovating and delivering infrastructure and software needs to help sustain and expand 900 clients employing 14,450 nurses caring for 97,500 patients with 5,350,000 medications dispensed annually.
Acquired first in 2005 by Omnicare, Inc., then in 2014 by Consonance Capital Partners, then in 2020 by Humana, Inc.. Through technology and clinical expertise, Enclara Pharmacia’s mission is to improve the way medication is prescribed so hospice patients are given prescriptions based on objective information rather than habit or personal preference.
- Hire, develop, and direct 120-member technology team (35 contracting positions) responsible for systems administration, enterprise communication & contact center, technical support, systems integration, software development, information security management, point-of-care mobile computing, business intelligence, and administrative services.
- Key contributor of IT/business strategic alignment through annual budget preparation ($1.95M), capital campaigns ($4M), and establishment of appropriate business ownership of systems and data.
- Responsible for 24/7/365 business operations and 100% systems availability throughout the enterprise due to orchestrated seamless integration of computing infrastructure, contact center, data storage systems, custom software applications, perpetual inventory, analytics, reporting, messaging and all other affected and relevant operational systems.
- Responsible for corporate information technology SOX compliance.
- Current activities include enhancing client experience with mobile application case management solution, ePrescribing solutions and Electronic Medical Record system integration; infrastructure and development consolidation of excelleRx, PBMPlus, and Enclara entities to streamline efforts and determine best practices to maintain. IT securities to meet HITECH, HIPAA, and NIST 800-53A guidelines; data warehouse re-positioning via client-facing guided analytics; and contact center operational efficiency.
- Senior member of the design & implementation team for a $3M data center including a redundant co-location facility
- Established road map for systems consolidation utilizing latest virtual and cloud computing offerings
- Project leader of the contact center enterprise. A multi-site, 500 seat, virtual contact center currently processing over 13,000 calls, 6,000 faxes, and 6,000 electronic prescriptions per day. The expandable modular design utilizes hybrid agent open queue, digital imaging & archiving, multimedia skills based routing, virtual queuing, and remote agent connectivity.
Christiana Care Health System
June 1998 – January 2001
Team Leader, Information Services (2000 – 2001)
Information Center Analyst, Information Services (1998 – 2000)
Responsible for the technological needs of the 275 user, 17 department Medical Affairs Division of the Clinical Support Team.
Recognized as one of the largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions, Christiana Care owns and operates 2 hospital campuses and several medical facilities throughout Delaware with more than 1,100 patient beds.
- Representative for the 100-member Analyst Department for the newly created Deployment Services Group
- Implemented PDA-based job tracking for analyst team
- Technology liaison to Clinical Support Team (225 workstations, 275 users, 17 departments) responsible for the interface with the company WAN (4750 nodes and 225 servers)
- Technology consultant providing subject expert support in the use of critical applications, assigned systems, and automated facilities (Registrar/Medical Staff Line/Physician Privileging)
- Provided start-up assistance and services to over 100 new clients including all aspects of training and implementation
- Transitioned 5 assigned departments to Microsoft NT 4.0 networked on a new configuration of NT servers to accommodate the Year 2000 issue
January 1994 – June 1998
Department Chairman & Instructor, Technology Department (1994 – 1998)
First instructor of the new Computer Science department responsible for curriculum, annual budget, and management of campus-wide networks to satisfy the demands of the academic and business infrastructure.
Archmere is an independent, college preparatory high school enrolling 455 students.
- Member of the Archmere Academy Curriculum Committee
- Taught 5 daily classes with subject matter in Advanced Placement Computer Science, Computer Programming Level I & Level II (C++, Pascal, BASIC), Introduction to Computer Science, Algebra Level I
- Manage, supervise, and evaluate Computer Science and Mathematic teachers
- Representative of the Delaware Independent Schools Computer Association (DISCA)
- System Administrator for campus network containing Novell servers, free Netscape Mail, AppleTalk, T1 access via University of Delaware’s Network Partnership Program
- Instructional designer for faculty members to assist technology integration into their curriculum
- Managed the creation and maintenance of school’s first Internet presence (email, web)
- Developed and managed computer literacy requirement for all incoming students
- On the 5.0 AP point scale, Computer Science students maintained 4.35 average while the national mean was 3.23Girls’ Varsity & J.V. Basketball Coach completing a 70.5% winning percentage over 4 years
Master of Science Instructional Technology with Concentration in Educational Applications & Instructional Systems
Philadelphia University (2001)
Certification in Information Technology Project Management
George Washington University (1999)
Bachelor of Science Computer & Information Sciences w. Minor in Business Economics
University of Delaware (1993)
Archmere Academy High School (1989)
- Strategic business planning
- Process analysis, redesign, & change management
- Budgeting & cost management
- Team building
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Vendor & project management
- Microsoft: Windows XP/7/8/10, SQL 2005/08/12, Office Suite Pro, Project, Visio
- Adobe: Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Bridge CC, Lightroom CC, Premiere, Dreamweaver
- Canon: EOS 5D Mark IV
- WebFocus Analytics, SSRS
- VERINT: Work Force Management, Digital Recording
- AVAYA: Contact Center
- VMWare: View (Virtual Desktop)
- equisys: ZetaFax
- Westbrook: Fortis Document Archiving Solution
PUBLICATIONS & AWARDS
- Corporate Core Value Award for Integrity (September 2013)
- Nortel Symposium & PSO Case Study (February 2007)
- Nortel IVR Case Study (April 2005)
- Photography (www.slemak.com)
- Volunteer: Help Portrait Annual Event – Photographer
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – The Buctor1an
- Our puppies Winnie (Labrador Retriever) and Charlie (King Charles Cavalier)
Resume Last Updated: January 2020